Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Monday, 23 January 2012
New for 2012:
- Di-Bar, which is Belper and Amber Valleys only Youth Bar, serving smoothies, milkshakes,
food and other refreshments.
- Fully refurbished projection space for films, computer games, and also training / education sessions.
- Total refurbished games room, making the room look loads smarter and more spacious.
- 2 brand new computers connected to our free Wi-Fi network.
- Cleaner, smarter and better facilities through all of the main space.
Please look at the Belper News report of the grand re-opening event for more details.
Goto: Drop Inn’s re-launch - Local - Belper News
Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Our biggest refurbishment project starts.
We have absolutly gutted the bar area, there is mess everywhere. At tyhis point it makes you think "How the hell are we going to do all this work?" It's so hard to imagine what it's going to look like.
It also makes you wonder how many other youth centre's get their own volunteer youth workers to do all the building work themselves, and which other youth centre's decide to pull their own space down and redesign and rebuild it in a few weeks with less than £1000 budget, which we raised ourselves at the New Years Eve Fundraiser party.
Silly? or just plain Drop Inn mental?
Monday, 9 January 2012
We re-open on the 23rd of January. We have refurbished all the rooms and build an exciting new feature for the young people, which will be a first in our town, district, and one of the only in Derbyshire County. It's very exciting.
Hope to see you all on the 23rd of January, we are opening from 2pm till 9.30pm